Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New fantasy novel

Time to write a new post!

How is everyone? March has proven to be the bestselling month for me since I started publishing my work. Thank you all for your support. I'm still a long way from where I would like to be. I'm still searching for better ways to reach readers. Twitter seams to be working out alright, I suppose, but I find that most of my followers are fellow writers. Nothing wrong with that, but I find that other writers will most likely not buy my books. Some will, don't get me wrong, but I need to connect with readers of my genres. Any ideas?
"Defiance" by William Kenney

I've been doing art for a few book covers as well. One for a collection of dark poetry by a friend and fellow writer named Stefain. I can't show the cover until he approves it, but it fits his stuff pretty well, I think. I'm also trying to put together the cover for the horror novel that David Woods and I are writing.

At this point, I am 28,000 words into a new fantasy novel. No, it is not part 3 of In the Shadow of the Black Sun. I felt that I needed to take a break from the story and work on something different. An epic fantasy series takes a lot of concentration, keeping your facts straight and avoiding contradiction. Don't worry, fans. The story will return with Book 3: Mournenhile. It's already bubbling and frothing in my brain.

This new book seems geared toward Young Adult readers, although that was not my original intent. It just came out that way.

In early posts, I put up some of my poetry/song lyrics. Should I continue to do so? Is that of interest to any of you?

Well, I appreciate all of you and thank you for stopping by my tiny corner of the internet.


William

No comments:

Post a Comment